Sunday, September 23, 2012

Intramurals, Lady Bird Lake and Haircuts!

Intramural games are here again! Jeff has joined the Chem E. football team and is really enjoying it! He says it's crazy how much more he sweats here, due to the humidity. We had both noticed it before, but at Jeff's intramural game he REALLY noticed. Probably because it was the first time he was running around outside for a long time. He still had a lot of fun and the Chem. E. students seem to be a really neat group!
 Football intramurals are a lot more serious here in Texas! Every team has practices, the "home" team must wear all white to the game and almost every team has their own team t-shirt. 

 Group talk.

Yesterday we went exploring around Lady Bird Lake and found this amazing view (shown below) of the city. I really do love this city for than any other I have visited. It is so beautiful with all the greenery and river running around it! You can also see all of the canoes, paddle boards and kayaks in the picture below. People in Austin sure do love being outdoors and all the recreational activities! 

 Beautiful. :)


Trying to find some turtles along the river. Jeff has not yet been able to catch one and is very determined to do so. :) For such slow reptiles, they sure are sneaky and very adept at hiding! 

And for the grand finale. . . .  I CUT JEFF'S HAIR! Haha At first I really didn't want to. (I was afraid I'd  make him look like he'd stuck his head in blender.) Jeff had been trying to convince me all week to do it,  because he really didn't want to pay 15 or more dollars to get his haircut. So today I gave in and cut it. Surprisingly enough, I am VERY proud of the final result. Yes it is not the greatest cut and yes my sister Katie (as well as any other beautician I'm sure) would have cringed at my technique, had she seen it, but hey with only a pair of paper scissors, a comb and the knowledge of a short YouTube video, I think I did a pretty decent job! :D Below are the results....


Before. (I know he looks grumpy, but he felt weird smiling while turned to the side. So this is what I got. haha)

 One side complete.

 The final product! I cut it a little shorter in the front than I wanted, but Jeff still really likes it. :) He is a very trusting husband to let me do this, especially right before church. haha

 The back.

My tools. Jeff has said he will get me some proper hair scissors, so next time it'll be a bit easier. :) 

We are still loving our time here in Austin! Though it is hard to be away from family and friends and at times one does feel a little homesick, this is a fun and beautiful place to live. :) It has cooled off a bit now... a VERY small bit, but hey at least we're in the 90's now. :) We really don't mind the heat that much though, as there are so many water places to visit! Baby boy is getting more and more active. He is always dancing around and kicking his mommy's tummy (sometimes keeping her up at night), but I don't mind because it is a wonderful reassurance that he is healthy and active. :) 

I hope you all have been having a wonderful September and that October will be equally as wonderful and/or more so! :D 




2 comments:

  1. Alrighty - firstly. PLEASE let me get you a pair of decent scissors that are actually made for cutting hair :) But, most importantly, I am seriously proud of that hair cut!!! You go girl! When I see you next I will give you a little lesson as well to just up your skills :)

    So happy you are having a good time in Texas! We miss you like mad up here, but I always smile when I read your blog :) Love you little girl! xoxoxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks sis! I know I need some real scissors and would LOVE some tips from you! :) If you and Brandon ever have 600 bucks to spare, come visit us! Cause I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete