Saturday, September 1, 2012

Baby Bumps, Crafts and Our New Home!

 Well hello! I know its been months since I last blogged, and I do apologize, again, but hope you'll forgive me as I am going to REALLY try to be better! Moving so far away from our family and friends has made me want to get better abut bogging so that we can stay updated in all of your lives, and you in ours. :) One of the things I promised people before we moved, was that I would post and blog about our growing baby boy and my growing tummy. So at 20.2 weeks, here are the first photos. . . 



 I know a lot of people still say I don't look like I'm showing at all, but as you can see, I clearly am. :)  I just wear baggy shirts all the time. Haha I'm so excited our little boy is so healthy and growing! Its crazy to think that in only 4 more months he will be with us! :D

Yeah for baby bumps! 

In other news, I have FINALLY done a diy craft found on Pinterest! Yesterday I took an old t-shirt that doesn't fit anymore, but I have been unwilling to throw away. Maybe its the color or maybe I'm just a pack rat, but it's been hanging out in my closet collecting dust for quite a while. Until yesterday that is. :) Here is the result! 





While its nothing huge, I must admit that I am pretty proud of myself! :) I am not the craftiest of persons, but really want to change that and this was first step in that direction. Jeff just laughs at me getting so excited over a silly cardigan, but I feel this was a milestone towards a craftier me and am so excited! :D 
Now I also promised that I would post some pictures of our new apartment here in Austin, TX. We were a little worried about what it would be like, having only seen pictures online, but we simply LOVE it! It has more than meet our hopes for our new home. :) Allow me to take you on a little tour...


 The kitchen. The washer and dryer are at the back next to that shelf, but I couldn't get a good picture of them...
 Even though it's small, I love how open it is to the rest of the apartment. (Jeff loves that he can watch TV while he does the dishes. Haha)

 I LOVE the view we have from the balcony! Even though we are right off a highway, there are so many trees here, we can't hear the cars and it looks like we live next to a glen. :) 
 There are usually squirrels running around these trees too. So fun to just sit and watch. :) 

Our bedroom. 
 Bedroom continued. It was hard to get a good shot of the whole room. (And no I did not make that beautiful quilt, my amazing mother did!)
Please forgive the poor quality of these photos, I really am a terrible photographer.

 Bathroom. 
 Different angle of bathroom. 
 Baby boy's room! Aka storage room until we get more settled in. :) 

 Built in bookshelf. One can't ever have too many of those! :) 
 Dinning area. We like to keep the table folded against the wall unless we have company over for dinner. Makes it even more open in the apartment.
 Living room. We currently only have one couch but are in the process of getting new ones. :) 

 Hallway. 
 Entry way. 

So there you have it, our new home. :) We do have a spare bed so if any of you are ever in town, you are more than welcome to save some money and come stay with us! Even if you aren't in town, make a trip and come on over, we'll show ya around Austin. Or what we know of it that is. ;) We love and miss you all so much and hope you're lives are wonderful and that you're all happy! Until our next post. See ya! :) 




4 comments:

  1. Yeah you blogged! You totally have a tummy! How is so much bigger than last time I saw you?! And I LOVE the apartment - if we move to Austin, we're moving there with you. And um... can you send me the URL or the Pin of that cardigan idea? Cuz I want one...

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apt! And love you guys! Keep the posts coming! We want to hear all about your exciting life in Texas:) Miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read everything since last October--somehow I didn't realize you had a blog till you said something about it last week. (Did you tell me before?) It's so fun to read and see the pictures. I'll be looking forward to the next post. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks everyone! We miss you and love you too!

    Abbie the URL is- http://blog.easilydunn.com/2011/10/diy-make-an-awesome-cardigan-out-of-a-shirt-from-the-6th-grade-that-you-refuse-to-throw-away-but-never-wear/

    ReplyDelete