Thursday, December 6, 2012

Baby Boy Update and Christmas Fun

Baby Boy Update!

I know I have fallen behind in my Baby Boy updates, and I hope you'll forgive me. Life has been a little crazy lately and I kept putting it off. So here is my 33 week update. :)

Baby Boy is very healthy and super active! I don't get much sleep because he likes to dance around and practice guitar playing on my ribs while I am trying to sleep. :P I just love feeling him all the time though! It is such a reassurance to my worrisome mind! (Even if it is uncomfortable) I am also healthy and my measurements, size and everything else, is on track for his due date, January 24th. Jeff and I are just getting more and more excited to have the little guy hear! We still haven;t completely settled on a name, but are leaning towards Lincoln West Bean. (West after my Grandpa Swensen) However, some other names we like are James, Calvin, Carter and Henry. So we will see. :)

Christmas Fun!

So Jeff has never shown any interest or care about decorations, holiday or everyday ones, (other than he likes to tease me and say he likes the opposite of the one I like :) ) but this Christmas was different.
Since we will be celebrating Christmas without our family this year, we decided to buy our first Christmas tree! Last year we just got a little one for the table since we would be spending Christmas with my family in St. George, but this year we wanted a normal sized one. Now I grew up with white lights on our Christmas tree, Jeff grew up with colored lights. However, since he has never cared about decorations before, I didn't think he would care if we got a tree with white lights. I was wrong. Upon finding out that I wanted a tree with white lights, Jeff was very upset and adamant that we HAD to have colored lights. "It is not Christmas without colored lights." "White lights are so plain and unexciting." And so on. :) Well I have never been in love with colored lights, but decided that since this mattered SO much to Jeff, we would get a tree with colored lights. And believe it or not, but it is really growing on me! I can honestly say that I find a Christmas tree with colored lights very inviting and Christmasy. :)
So Jeff, Divinia and I went to Walmart and got our little 40 dollar tree. Divinia was VERY excited as she and her mom have never had a Christmas tree. Divinia insisted on helping Jeff carry the tree to the care and then help him set it up in the house.

 We were home for maybe... 5 seconds before Divinia was handing me the scissors and begging me to open the box.
 
 Divinia wanted to carry all the pieces and put them on. However, she did accept some help from Jeff when she realized she wasn't quite tall enough. :)
 
 Yeah for Christmas trees!
 
 Divinia even helped me straighten out the branches. (My least favorite part)
 
She loves her tree!
 

I promised Divinia I wouldn't decorate the tree over the weekend, but would wait until the next week to buy ornaments and decorate. So the next week Jeff, Divinia and I went and got some silver ornaments and some craft supplies to make our own more colorful ones. :)

Divinia and I putting the hooks on the ornaments.

She is a goof ball. :)
 

Making Ornaments with glitter glue.
 

Since we are poor college students with a baby on the way and Divinia REALLY wanted a star on top of the tree, Jeff made a giant yellow one. :) 
 

Jeff's big yellow star!

Crafts, cookies and ornaments! I love Christmas time!

The final product! :D
 
I just LOVE Christmas and am so excited to be spending it with my best friend! I cannot wait for Jeff and I to make our own Christmas traditions and carry on a few of our families'. Since we will have so much free time this season, (Jeff has his school break and Divinia is going to spend the break with her father) we are wanting to do a lot of volunteer work. For while we both love the legend of Santa Claus, getting presents, eating delicious holiday food and going to themed parties, we really want to keep in our mind and hearts what this season is really celebrating; the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. There is no greater celebration! I am so grateful to be a member of the LDS church and to have this time every year to focus on and remember the birth of my savior. Jeff and I have been blessed with so much and I hope to give back and show my love and gratitude to our Savior!
 
Hope you are all having a wonderful December and enjoying this holiday season!

 

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post. :) I LOVE your tree! You look like you're having so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting Jeff have the colored lights :) It's fun to see how much Davinia is a part of your family, and what a blessing that must be to her. The tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks sis! We are having a lot of fun. :) I love having a tree with homemade ornaments. It's makes it feel so invitng! :)

    Annette I am loving the colored lights! Jeff was right, they are very Christmasy and exciting to see. I'm glad he insisted we get them. :) And it is fun having Divinia in our lives. She is a blessing for us as well. :)

    ReplyDelete