Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Fun

Happy Halloween!
I LOVE this time of year and all of the wonderful holidays that come with it! While I miss the beautiful fall colors of the Utah mountains, it is very nice not having to drive through snow or scrap frost off our car window. :) The weather has cooled down a bit and we now have some days were it is cool enough to wear a long sleeved shirt and/or light jacket. YEAH! So far our first fall in Texas has been packed with holiday fun and memorable experiences. The people here are wonderful and making it easier (not easy, easier) to be away from our family and friends during this holiday season. Below are some pictures of our latest adventures.:)

 We carved pumpkins with James and Monica. This is one of my favorite Halloween traditions! Jeff and I carved Dr. Frankenstein and Frankenstein's monster in our pumpkin. (Yes Dr. Frankenstein looks like a scared nerd, but you get the idea. :) )

 The Stewarts carved "Aloha" on theirs with the Hawaiian islands. 

 We also went to the San Antonio temple with James and Monica. This was our second time going. We live one and a half hours away from the temple, but want to keep the tradition of going there once a month.

 Halloween costumes! Our friends had a Halloween party the other night and I stole Abbie's costume from last year and was a "speed bump." :) 

 Jeff loved how simple my outfit was and decided that he wanted to be a road. Haha I couldn't get him to dress up as anything last year, and he didn't want to dress up this year, so this was a big deal. :) (He put the "danger" sign on there just for fun) 

 Donut eating contest! those of you who know me, know how much a love food eating contests and usually do pretty good at them, however, this time I failed miserably. I have decided I like my food to be sitting still while trying to eat it. I couldn't get the darn donut to hold still and came in 2nd to last. :( 

 Us and the Stewarts! They went as two characters from the new movie "Moonrise Kingdom." 

 Divinia and I decorated Halloween sugar cookies! She kept wanting to eat all of the sprinkles and chocolate chips, rather than put them on the cookies. :) 

 The finished products! 

The cookie that Divinia decorated for me. Under all those sprinkles and chocolate chips is the name "Jane." haha 

 The cookie I decorated for Divinia. :) 

Mmmmmm! 

I love taking care of Divinia and love that we are really starting to get to know one another and have such fun times! Jeff is also loving school and working for two wonderful professors. He doesn't have as much free time as he did earlier this semester, but still has plenty of time for us to go explore, spend time with our new friends, and just spend time together. Of which I am very grateful! We have been so blessed and hope that you are all well and having a fabulous time so far this fall! As always, we love and miss you all! 

Have a SPOOKTACULAR Halloween! :D 


2 comments:

  1. I LURVE your blog posts! :) Miss you sister! Only 2 1/2 weeks til Thanksgiving! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis! I LURVE your posts! You do need to post more though. :) Although you are better than Katie. Haha Can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete